11.07.2008

Swig & Thief Wine

Last night I attended the first wine tasting at the relocated Swig (which is now in the Third Ward). The host of the tasting was Phil Bilodeau, co-owner of Thief Wine, which is located at the Milwaukee Public Market. Phil has spent the last five years in Napa & Sonoma Counties working for several vineyards. Prior to that, he was a wine distributor in Minneapolis. He is a certified sommelier (one who orders & maintains wines sold in a restaurant and who has extensive knowledge about wine and food pairings). Phil is very knowledgeable about all things wine and his wine store has access to every wine distributor in Milwaukee and thus if he doesn't have it in stock, he can most likely special order anything for you! Stop by his store at the Public Market for a tasting, to see his selection and to have any questions answered that you may have.

UPDATE (11.12.08): I received my first email from Thief Wine about a wine they just got in stock (The 2007 vintage of The Prisoner, by Orin Swift Cellars). So, I went to check out Thief Wine in person for the first time. I met the other owner, Aimee. She too is very knowledgeable and helped convince me that The Prisoner was worth the money (err, investment). The store and wine bar look very nice and I look forward to going back for more recommendations from both of them.

No comments: